Sunday, June 10, 2012

10.06.2012 Miles City, MT

Day 17: Baker, MT to Miles City, MT

Sunday June 10, 2012, 33 miles (53 km) - Total so far: 1,002 miles (1,613 km)


I made it only 33 miles and it was already after 13:00. I stopped for a break around mile 26 and tried to hitch a ride but with no luck. I rode on stopping when I saw a line of vehicles to try again but nothing, though I did see two zebras in a field which was unexpected. I then got lucky at the 33rd mile mark when while still on my bike I just stuck out my thumb and a truck passed by, then turned around and came back to see if I was just making myself noticed or needed something. I was grateful for the ride, the remaining 50 miles will take me well into the night. Shortly after pulling into town it started raining again. I opted for a cheaper motel and started planning out my route for the next stretch. I am now back on the Lewis and Clark route once again (I had been following the Yellowstone Trail (hwy 12) the past several days). Instead of following sections 3 and 4 I opted for my "shortcut" and am now following section 8 south towards Billings and Bozeman.

Today, even with the ride, I reached 1000 Miles!!!