Monday, June 11, 2012

11.06.2012 Hysham, MT

Day 18: Miles City, MT to Hysham, MT

Monday June 11, 2012, 73 miles (117 km) - Total so far: 1,075 miles (1,730 km)


Up early, another cool, damp start to the day. I guess its good so I can wear my yellow jacket on my first day on interstate 94. The interstate really isn't bad. Traffic is mild and the shoulder is nice and wide. I didn't have to ride on the interstate for long, there are lots of frontage roads that follow the highway which don't really have the nice shoulder but also don't have an traffic.

I stopped in Forsyth for lunch and then continued on to Hysham. I stopped in at the town park which although the restrooms are closed its a decent place to camp. That is if you don't mind sleeping under the pavilion. The grass has sprinklers that rotate through different sections of the grass and are constantly on, so if noise bothers you, it may not be the best place. As for restrooms, the bar is open for at night and the C Store is open early in the morning.

Sat talking with some local kids for awhile before calling it a night.