Tuesday, June 12, 2012

12.06.2012 Billings, MT

Day 19: Hysham, MT to Billings, MT

Tuesday June 12, 2012, 80 miles (129 km) - Total so far: 1,155 miles (1,859 km)


Today was originally suppose to be a short day, but was moving too quickly for that. I made it to Worden, MT shortly after lunch and a boy was there having a lemonade stand and he gave me a free glass of juice. I was talking to a couple people and they said it really wasn't a bad ride between their on Billing. I called my host for tomorrow and he said that it would work better for them if I stayed today instead of tomorrow so it worked out well in that sense too.

So I pushed on to Billings, MT and when I arrived in the city, my host gave me better directions via bike path to get to his place instead of taking the roads. It was a nice bike path which was so much more relaxing than the very busy highway. Another great host, Woody and MJ provided a great stay and were a wealth of information on the history of the area as well as recommending routing and giving me a heads up on what to expect. Woody also helped me with some basic fixes for the bike which have made a good difference.