Saturday, June 9, 2012

09.06.2012 Baker, MT

Day 16: Bowman, ND to Baker, MT

Saturday June 9, 2012, 47 miles (76 km) - Total so far: 969 miles (1,559 km)


Got moving along the usual time (around 08:00). Its a cool, windy, damp, uneventful day. Stopped in Marmarth for lunch and then pushed on to the border crossing with Montana (three states down). Although North Dakota flew by in two days, Montana is going to take me awhile to cross. Although I only covered 47 miles, it took me awhile to do it thanks to the wind. Again the sky has been threatening and as soon as I checked into the Sagebrush Inn a thunderstorm began. I found a dry place under an overhang where cars would pull up to unload to cook dinner and just relaxed. The internet is down and I don't get service so didn't get a chance to check on weather or the route for tomorrow. It is 83 miles between Baker and Miles City, MT so I am hoping the winds are not as bad because there really isn't anything in between.