Friday, June 15, 2012

15.06.2012 Bozeman, MT

Day 22: Livingston, MT to Bozeman, MT

Friday June 15, 2012, 25 miles (40 km) - Total so far: 1,306 miles (2,102 km)


A short day, heading over Bozeman pass into Bozeman, MT. I stopped and talked with a guy who use to tour for awhile before I got to far and then continued on my way. The pass really wasn't bad at all. It did seem to increase in gradient as I got closer to the top after crossing into the next county). The descent really wasn't too fun either. The shoulder could have been wider and less gravel for my taste.

Once I reached Bozeman, MT I stopped into La Tinga for lunch. It is a great authentic Mexican restaurant right on Main Street. I arrived in town super early so to kill time I gave myself a riding tour of town. I visited the University (Montana State University) and hung out in a park playing with a dog.

I met my host for the evening, another fabulous warmshowers experience. Had a great dinner and sat around sharing stories and getting advice for the road ahead. They also gave me a sticker and told me about the Bike Kitchen that they are helping run which helps recycle bikes and get them back into the community.

Good day, moving on ... almost to Idaho!