Wednesday, June 13, 2012

13.06.2012 Reed Point, MT

Day 20: Billings, MT to Reed Point, MT

Wednesday June 13, 2012, 64 miles (103 km) - Total so far: 1,219 miles (1,962 km)


Got an alright start this morning. My host gave me a alternate route to leave Billings than the ACA route, so I opted to follow that route. It was a go route except for the construction which had two sections of gravel riding (again I am loving having these wider tires). Making great time so far as I passed through Laurel, MT and continued on to Columbus. I stopped in Columbus, MT for a late lunch, by this point it is getting very windy and I am going very slow and it took me awhile to arrived in Reed Point, MT. Not only was it windy, but the sky was looking threatening.

There really isn't much to Reed Point. A C Store with limited hours, a post office, a bar and a camp ground (Old West RV Park). I originally stopped to get water and use the rest room and then push on to Big Timber. But I started talking to the new owners of the campground (who just recently purchased it) and decided it would be better to just stay here for the night. They were super nice and it was a great place to stay for the night. I also went down to the Waterhole Saloon and had a couple drinks and learned about the area.