Friday, June 8, 2012

08.06.2012 Bowman, ND

Day 15: Watagua, SD to Bowman, ND

Friday June 8, 2012, 97 miles (156 km) - Total so far: 922 miles (1,484 km)


Up at the usual time, packed up and headed downstairs for breakfast (again, I highly recommend this place if you are passing through). The weather is improved over last night but more storms are in the forecast. I continued along hwy 12 and stopped in Lemmon, SD for lunch. Lemmon's claim to fame is their petrified wood park. After visiting the park and finishing lunch, I rolled on and entered North Dakota (completed my second state). Stopped in Hettinger, ND for a break and to refill my water, but it was too early to stop for the day. I continued on looking for a good place to camp (Reeder had camping at the park, but it was right along the tracks and no restrooms) and the sky started looking threatening again. I rolled into Bowman, ND and found a hotel. It seems that this stretch is going to get pricey. Due to the oil boom and pipeline, most things are booked during the week (weekends are easier) and prices are higher than I had been seeing previously.