Sunday, June 15, 2014

Vermilion, OH

Day 19 (15 June 2014)
Cleveland, OH - Vermilion, OH
Day: 40.20 miles, Trip: 1132.62 miles

Happy Father's Day!!

We got to sleep in today since we were only scheduled to do 40 miles. I slept in till almost 8. I forgot do due my laundry last night so I did it this morning when I woke up. This would delay me but that really wouldn't matter on an easy day like today. I let the hostel around 11:00, my latest start so far.

It wasn't a bad ride out of Cleveland.  I was in a different outfit since my kit was drying so I blended in a lot more like a commuter than a touring cyclist. I had a little tailwind so I didn't bother to stop at all during the ride. I rolled into Vermilion, OH (pop 10,600) in time to catch lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube with Richard, Michelle and 2 of Michelle's friends.

It was then a mile ride back to the YMCA where we will be staying for the night. They are basically giving us the run of the place, unfortunately its a Y without a pool. Some people are watching a world cup game on the tv, others are just relaxing or using the wifi. Later I headed over to the store for pints of ice cream with Richard and Michelle. We ate these while watching a bunch of the group playing a game of Ultimate Frisbee. Cassie also came to join us in Cleveland and stayed with us tonight in Vermillion.