Monday, June 16, 2014

Bowling Green, OH

Day 20 (16 June 2014)
Vermilion, OH - Bowling Green, OH
Day: 83.07 miles, Trip: 1215.69 miles

I got an early start and planned on stopping for breakfast, that was the plan anyway. Rolled through Huron and Avery and really didn't see anything we wanted. Instead I just ate food I had stored in the trailer. I really need to do that more often I am burning through money too quickly. At the rest stop in Clyde, OH a local bar donated a bucket of cold flavored Red Bull drinks. It is hot day and that was nice. This was followed by another positive which was the paved bike path from Clyde to Fremont.

There was on more stop in Gibsonburg, OH before the final push to Bowling Green, OH (pop 30,000).  It is in the low 90s so several of us retreated to the AC of a local coffee shop in Gibsonburg. Tonight we are staying with a couple here in town and decided it would be quicker to deviate from the route. Bethany, Joe, Michelle, and Richard decided to follow with me. It was mostly a pleasant ride.

When we arrived at the house (a few miles further than expected) Matt and Michelle had food, drinks and even showers available. It was a great welcoming. I felt a bit dehydrated so I passed on the beer and stuck to water and gatorade.  Eric was especially dehydrated today and was showing it. After a shower and a good meal and drinks though we were all feeling great. After dinner and all the cyclists had set up camp and were clean, Matt set up a little fire to sit around and relax.