Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Denver, IN

Day 22 (17 June 2014)
Monroeville, IN - Denver, IN
Day: 82.55 miles, Trip: 1383.96 miles

 Up at a decent hour and the majority of us headed over to the Pancake House in town. Due to some confusion I ended up with 1 extra bite, Michelle had ordered the same thing as me but with one difference, and when they brought it out, it came to me instead of Michelle. So I owe her a little food now. After breakfast we formed another pace line to get going.

After the first rest stop, Richard, Kristen and myself decided not to stick with the pace line and road off by ourselves. It worked much better just having the 3 of us and didn't hurt that Kristen did a lot of the pulling. At one point near Salamonie Reservoir I got the idea of swimming in Richards head and he was set to find a place. We rolled into Largo expecting services and found only the gas station open. It provided AC so it was fine with me. The 3 of us pushed on but didn't make it far before we were hit with a heavy thunderstorm. We ducked behind a garage to get out of the sideways blowing wind. I managed to get my rain gear from the Van and Trailer (luckily he wasn't far away).

The storm slowed down and we pushed on. Soon it stopped all together  and got hot and humid again. We arrived at the church and apparently a lot of people had ducked into cover to get out of the storm. This is yet another wonderful surprise at the end of the day. We are staying at the church in Denver, IN (pop 500) and we were able to play some games of basketball (horse and knockout) and they provided us with dinner and even did some laundry for us. I was eliminated early from the game of horse but actually managed to win knock out.