Saturday, July 12, 2014

Glendive, MT

Day 46 (12 July 2014)
Medora, ND to Glendive, MT
Day:  72.27 miles, Trip:  2921.18 miles


Breakfast in the town of Medora at the Cowboy Cafe. We had a great waitress and good food. The place was packed but we timed it well enough and found seats. Some of the others got stuck waiting for awhile.



We stopped in Bench, ND for our last stop before crossing the border into Montana. It was a short ride from here to the sign for pictures. Took a good one, but I ended up getting covered by other people, that is okay though. From there it was onto Wibaux, WT. We stopped in at the Beaver Creek Brewery and had some amazing nachos. I decided to skip the last rest stop and stayed on I-94 towards Glendive, MT. I managed to catch up to Richard at the exit for town and we stopped at a gas station for a rest room break and some powerades. It has been a hot day and I was getting really low on water. It wasn't much further to the campground at the Makoshika State Park. It is a beautiful state park and some of the group climbed up the hill for views of sunset. I decided just to relax in camp instead.

The sunset was a good one, and after seeing photos the view was great from the top. A few people had minor injuries from the climb though, so I am not second guessing my decision to stay in camp.