Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bismarck, ND

Day 43 (09 July 2014)
Napoleon, ND to Bismarck, ND
Day:  71.08 miles, Trip:  2695.69 miles

A large group of us met at Reuben's for breakfast. The one thing about traveling in a large group is you very quickly overwhelm a wifi. So instead I set my phone up outside the window of the Downtowner Bar and used their wifi instead. It downloaded a better book much faster than I was getting it at Reuben's. While waiting outside the cafe a person from the local paper stopped by for a chat and to snap a few photos. I was downloading the 5th book of the song of ice and fire series, so it was taking forever. Kristen decided to wait and ride with me. Eventually we got going. The ride itself was pretty uneventful. Though I was lucky I was riding with her, I had gotten into my book and almost missed a turn. I just followed her for the day.

Justin showing off his stylish arm warmers

Tonight we are camping in General Sibley Park outside the town of Bismark, ND (pop 61,000). Some people headed to a bar, others to walmart. I sent an order with Michelle and hung out at the campground with Kirsten. We relaxed in the hammocks. Once the van came back we had dinner and dessert plus some cold chocolate milk.

The bugs are bad again tonight so sleeping in the tent and not the hammock even though we have a lot of great  trees for hanging.
Over consumption of electricity