Friday, June 6, 2014

Selkirk Shore State Park

Day 10 (06 June 2014)
Old Forge, NY to Selkirk Shore State Park
Day: 83.50 miles, Trip: 623.86 miles

We (Sonja, Michelle, Bethany, Richard, and Eric) stopped at Walts Diner in Old Forge. Today we had to say good bye to Sonja. It is hard losing riders.



The riding today was quick and easier than the previous two days. Rolled into the first rest stop (Boonville, NY) at the end of the bunch. After that my legs felt really heavy. I thought I would remain at the back of the pack but apparently several of the group have been missing turns or getting flats so I caught up to most of the group. After the second rest stop I was feeling good and could actually keep up with the other riders. We rode on to Pulaski, NY for a good burger and a Lager at LD Ale House. From there it was a short ride to Selkirk Shore State park. We are camping right on Lake Ontario. I grabbed a quick shower and saw a beautiful sunset over the Lake. After sundown we had a fire and made smores (compliments of Mike and Joe).