Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Newcomb, NY

Day 08 (04 June 2014)
Middlebury, VT to Newcomb, NY
Day: 70.85, Trip: 475.84

Up super early, packed and we were both eager to get back on the bikes and wishing it was just another zero. My legs feel fine but my butt is killing me. We crossed the border by way of a Ferry over Lake Champlain. Most of the group pushed on and took the ferry before ours so the rest of us didn't get a group photo.











Once in New York we were heading towards the sign for a photo and were passed by a large group on motorcycles. One of the riders had his radio up loud playing a soft rock radio station. It was amusing. After the photo we headed into Ticonderoga, NY for our rest stop. The rest stop was at walmart and of course when I went inside I forgot everything I wanted to pick up. So instead popped over to McDonalds for some air conditioning and to charge my phone.







After the rest stop we got a very quick "Welcome to the Adirondacks" with lots of climbing. They continued on the rest of the day and none of the downhills compared to the ups. I felt ripped off. I spent most of the day riding with Michelle and Sonja. When we finally arrived in Newcomb, NY (population 440) we stopped at the community store and got some chocolate milk. Apparently this is one of the best recovery drinks after exercise. I never really liked it before but I am developing a taste for it now. The lad at the community store told us about a diner but we never found it.



We reached the campground about a mile later and it was a long ride to get to where we are camping. We are camping next to Harris Lake with a lot of great views but also lots of bugs.





It is hard to believe we are 8 days in and already finished with 3 states.