Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Rest Day: Whitefish, MT

Day 56 (22 July 2014)
Rest Day: Whitefish, MT

I slept in until 8:00 and then headed into town for breakfast, laundry, and even bowl a couple games. Breakfast was at Loula’s with Kristen, Andy and Justin and it was fabulous, best breakfast in town. The breakfast enchiladas were great and Andy's lemon stuffed french toast was so good we ordered another order to split for dessert.

After breakfast we headed over for laundry and bowling. I forgot to bring extra socks so had to wait for my laundry to finish before we could bowl. Andy ended up beating me both games. From here we headed over to the library to take advantage of their computers. An hour taking care of things on-line and browsing their books and then it was back out to explore some more. Whitefish was having a farmers market and part of that was a book sale by the library. I picked up 2 books and for both it was only $1.50. Now I just need to find a spot in my cubby to put them.

By this point we were hungry since we skipped lunch. We stopped and got some pizza (which was good) and some BBQ (which wasn't as good). I saw a storm rolling in and Kristen and I tried to beat it back to camp. We made it to the construction zone (just under a mile to camp) and it poured. We were soaked and shortly after we made it back to camp it stopped. We should have just waited it out in town and we could have stayed dry. Oh-well, it wasn't so bad. We spent the rest of the day hanging out around camp and watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail before bed.