Friday, July 4, 2014

Fergus Falls, MN

Day 38 (04 July 2014)
Osakis, MN to Fergus Falls, MN
Day:  55.97 miles, Trip:  2367.93 miles

The wonderful bike path continues today. In addition to the bike path we have a tailwind today.  I am actually putting in some good effort and making great time. I made it to the first rest stop in Evansville, MN in no time and instead of hanging out I decided to just keep going. I had the pleasure of riding the rest of the day with Kristen. We made it to the Delagoon Park outside of Fergus Falls, MN (pop13,000) shortly after noon. Instead of doing anything productive we set up hammocks and I continued reading a book.

Ron and Ryan decide they want to swim across the lake. The rest of us thought they were crazy. But they made it and Ron even swam back. Later we got supplies to have a cookout at the park for the fourth of July. It turned out to be a challenge with the heavy winds. The one benefit of the wind is that it is keeping the bugs down. Dinner was followed by drinking games and I got to learn another new game. Though I know I will forget the rules later anyway, oh-well. It seems to be threatening rain ... but it holds off and some of the group head out to watch the fireworks. The rest hit the tents/hammocks for bed.