Monday, June 30, 2014

Rest Days: Minneapolis, MN

Days 33-34 (29-30 June 2014)
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Rest Days

We split the group in half and helped two different people who have MS with some chores around the house. I went with the group to Janet's house. We helped with yard work, organizing the garage and cleaning out the gutters as well as some landscaping. It was great to help out. I wish we could have done even  more.



Later Kristen, Andy, Richard, Young and myself headed over to the mall of America. It was pretty much just another mall. Though I did enjoy the lego store. We watched a movie while we were there  (How to train your dragon 2). In my opinion it wasn't as good as the first one.






The next day we visited the Fairview MS Achievement Center in Minneapolis. We had lunch with the some of the members of the achievement center and presented a check for $20,000. It was really touching to be able to spend time there, and meet people both with MS and those that are there to help.


Later I went for some famous Jucy Lucys at Matt's Bar with Michelle, Bethany, Richard and Kristen. We ended up going with 2 rounds each and some fries. While in Minneapolis I have been eating a lot without the riding so I feel like I am gaining back all the weight that I have lost.