Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Journey Begins

I apologize for the lack of updates.  I arrived in PA at my mom's place the day after mother's day,  it's the thought that counts.  I spent some time visiting her and my sister and my friends cat and dana. Got to help my sister and dana do some moving and even made it out to Lancaster to visit my friends Ashley Smith and Stephan. I attempted to do some fundraising but didn't have a whole lot of luck. I spent the last day testing gear and packing. I started by packing as if I was doing a solo self supported tour and the through in a couple luxuries.

After 4 hours of driving from my mom's house to Hagerstown,  MD I got to meet some of the group I will be riding with this summer.  Upon stuffing my belongings into my cubby it is clear that I need to get rid of some stuff.  I was running late making it back to the meet point so doesn't have time to weed through my belongings,  will have to start that tonight. 

I was hoping to swap out my beefy tires for more modest ones but last night I realized I didn't have tubes for the smaller tires and through all my looking couldn't find any on my way to the meet point. Looks like that will have to wait as well. This leaves me with some logistics to work out in Maine.

We stopped along the way and picked up one more cyclist,  and then continued the long drive to Waltham, MA where we are calling it a night.  We are still working out the kinks in the trailer but I should fit fine even with all my stuff. 


Picking up Kevin

We are staying in a hotel tonight,  meet three more from the group here.  Tomorrow on to Maine.
This is my first post from my new galaxy, and I have found several auto corrects,  I fixed some,  so if something doesn't make sense, that is probably why.  I will go back and review all my phone posts once I have pc access.

Fundraising as of May 25
Raised $3500, that means I still need to raise $800 more.  If you haven't donated yet to support this great cause, please do.