Thursday, May 29, 2014

Damariscotta, ME

Day 02 (29 May 2014)
Belfast, ME to Damariscotta, ME
Day: 51.98 Miles, Trip: 118.98 miles

As before I was dropped as soon as there was anything to climb. The riding today was not bad and we had a rest stops in Camden, ME and Newcastle, ME. While in Camden I sorted through my cubby in the trailer and loaded a box with stuff that I could do without to send home. There were a few other things I wanted to include but I couldn't fit them into the box.

When I arrived into the town of Damariscotta (population 2,040) the traffic was heavy so I opted to take a paralleling quite street. This worked nice until it ended in constructions. I then looped around a few other streets to get back on track and arrived to the church in the middle of the pack. Tonight we are staying in the Damariscotta Baptist Church.

Still adjusting to being back on the road. I know it will take some time till I am in touring shape. Riding with a group, supported, is definitely different than solo, self contained touring. I will eventually do a summary of the differences and my view on them.