Monday, June 18, 2012

18.06.2012 Idaho Falls, ID

Day 25: Riverside campground to Idaho Falls, ID

Monday June 18, 2012, 71 miles (114 km) - Total so far: 1,515 miles (2,438 km)


Headed out, its seems to be easier when you are heading to a friends place instead of an unknown campground. The road wasn't bad at first but then the wind picked up pretty strong. I stopped into Saint Anthony, ID for lunch and a break. I met another cyclist while I was on my break who was traveling around the continental US. After a short conversation I headed back on my way. The wind continued to blow hard. I came across a lady who had wrecked her car previously and was dragging part of her wheel well and front bumper on the ground. I stopped and helped her get it secured so she could drive home.

Somewhere along the way you could just make out the Grand Tetons, wish it wasn't so hazy.

Hwy 20 then changed into a limited access highway and the nice shoulder all but disappeared. There was a beautiful 4 to 5 foot shoulder, but the rumple strip went the whole way across, what a waste of a nice shoulder. And when this wasn't the case it was construction all around Rexburg, ID. Luckily once I got past Rexburg the road conditions got better. My friend gave me directions from Rigby so from there I left hwy 20 and took back roads the rest of the way.

Visiting with my friend for the next day and half.