Sunday, June 17, 2012

17.06.2012 Riverside Campground, Island Park, ID

Day 24: Ranch to Riverside campground, Island Park, ID

Sunday June 17, 2012, 57 miles (92 km) - Total so far: 1,444 miles (2,324 km)


Slept in a bit today, had breakfast and then Steve gave us a tour of the ranch. This truly is a beautiful place. After a couple of photos we were on our way (around 11:00). I rode with Patrick and Charlie for about 12 miles and then split directions. I never get to travel with anyone for any significant amount of time. The wind was a bit strong which made it slow going. Eventually I made it over Reynolds Pass (which wasn't that bad) and reached both the Continental Divide and Idaho. Idaho began with a nice downhill to the beginning of Island Park, ID. I stopped into a C store and the guy recommended heading to Riverside Campground if I could make it that far. (At the time I really doubted it) I rode on to Mack's Inn and got some dinner. Between the meal and the reduction in wind I made good time riding all the way to Riverside Campground. Quickly got organized and in the tent to get away from the mosquitoes.