Monday, July 28, 2014

Beaver Creek Lodge, WA

Day 62 (28 July 2014)
Newport, WA to Beaver Creek Lodge, WA
Day:  67.46 miles, Trip: 3871.59 miles

Breakfast was at the McDonalds again, I was too lazy to go search for something better. I also needed to charge my phone and I knew they would have outlets. I then rode on with Richard and Michelle for the morning. We are getting back into some bigger climbs and high heats. The climbs themselves wouldn't be nearly as bad if it wasn't for the high heat.



We had a final rest stop right before the real climbing began and it was already too hot to be riding (for me). I pushed on anyway with the promise of a lake at the top where we will be camping. And just think this is a small climb compared to the ones that are to come. At the top I reached Beaver Creek Lodge campground. I stripped down and went straight for the water. It felt great. Later I had a big burger and fries and then went down in the water again.

When it started to get later I headed back to our camping sites and set up my hammock to relax and do some reading. The site where we are camped is pretty nice, the facilities though are horrible and in general this place is really run down. Early to bed tonight, I am going to try and get an early start to beat the heat while we ride through the high desert.