Friday, July 18, 2014

Cut Bank, MT

Day 52 (18 July 2014)
Chester, MT to Cut Bank, MT
Day:  69.04 miles, Trip:  3376.34 miles

We had breakfast at Spuds in town. Another traditional American breakfast. My order was slow coming out but when it did my pancakes were larger than the plate. I struggled to eat it all. The ride is uneventful and I rolled into the first rest stop in Devon, MT. There was nothing here but what appeared to be an abandoned building. Skylar cut up some melons for us and a local stopped and made a donation. He said he tried to catch us every year on our way through. Things continued uneventfully to Shelby, MT where we stopped for lunch.

I continued on by myself the rest of the day and made my way to Cut Bank, MT (pop 2900) where we are camping at the Riverview Campground. The campground has nice showers, a cool lounge where we watched mindless tv. I joined Michelle, Richard and Kristen for dinner, the usual dinner crew. The view from the campground is actually really nice. We should be able to see more but the sky is really hazy/smokey from the west coast fires. You can see the road we will be on tomorrow and it looks like we will be starting with a large climb. Add winds and it looks to be a long day, time for bed.